When do I need to book my wedding invitations? This is a question I get asked time and time again.
My advice to anyone getting married in either 2019 or even 2020, don’t leave it too late to book your wedding invitations. Leaving it until 3 or 4 months before your wedding is just too late! I’ve designed a wedding invitation timeline that will hopefully make sense of the timeframe you have to work with and help you understand why it’s so important to book your date early.
Wedding Invitation Timeline
Take the example below as a guide to when you should book your wedding invitations and a timeline of the process.
- Wedding Date: 19th of July
- Booking Date: At the latest December – January, the date should be booked in earlier.
- Design & Proofing: Between February – April
- Invites sent to print: Between 26th April – 3rd May (allowing 2 weeks to print). Printing turnaround depends on what type of invitation you go with, some take longer.
- Invites posted out: 3rd June (6 weeks) – 20th May (8 weeks). If sending out earlier than 8 weeks then that will change the time frame above also.
If you’re getting married at the start of the month say 4th May, then your classed as end of April wedding in the timeline bringing everything earlier again.
- Wedding Date: 4th May
- Booking Date: At the latest September, the date should be booked in earlier.
- Design & Proofing: Between November – January (take into account Christmas)
- Invites sent to print: Between 1st February – 8th February (allowing 2 weeks to print). Printing turnaround depends on what type of invitation you go with, some take longer.
- Invites posted out: 18th March (6 weeks) – 4th March (8 weeks). If sending out earlier than 8 weeks then that will change the time frame above also.
Please use this timeline as an essential guide and part of your wedding planning. Alter the dates to suit so you can work out a timeline that you can manage. We all have things going on in life, weddings, birthdays, communions, holidays, christmas etc…please bear this in mind and factor it into your planning timeline.
See below for a rough guide for a year when you should be booking your wedding invitations.
|Book your date||May||Jun||Jul||Aug||Sept||Oct||Nov||Dec||Jan||Feb||Mar||Apr|